professional development workshop
Your Life As An Artist: A Guided Journey
September 2023 Online Zoom Workshop
As artists, each of us has a unique creative contribution to make, but only with the proper nurturing can we achieve optimal artistic growth and expression. This workshop will introduce a roadmap for realizing your creative potential as a visual artist. Together we will explore step-by-step techniques, tools, and strategies that will foster long-term growth for visual professionals at all stages of their careers. While rooted in contemporary scientific research, these strategies and techniques have been instrumental in my own decades-long artistic practice.
Among our topics:
- invest your work with emotional authenticity
- train your creative brain like an athlete
- orchestrate a state of creative flow
- techniques for brainstorming and problem solving
- learn to hurdle creative block
- respond to rejection with resilience
- and more…
Reviewing and discussing student work will be part of our process, thus everyone will be asked to submit examples from a past or current project (any visual medium, not limited to photography).
The workshop will be taught over four two-hour zoom sessions:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, Sept. 19, 21, 26, 28
- 12:00pm–2:00pm U.S. Eastern Time
- Cost: $465 (EARLY BIRD PRICING: $395 through July 28)
- Class limited to 12 students
- Open to all levels
Classes will be recorded and available to registered students for one month following the course.
If you are interested in the workshop, but unable to attend due to scheduling conflicts, I would love to know what would work, and I will keep that in mind for future classes.
Send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to register, or with any questions.
Hope to see you online!